Terms and Conditions of Service - Volunteering Solutions
Your access and use of www.volunteeringsolutions.co.uk are subject to the following terms and conditions and is an agreement between you (the individual) and Volunteering Travel Solutions UK Limited. “Volunteering Solutions” “VolSol” , “us” , “we” , “our” refer to Volunteering Travel Solutions UK Limited.
Volunteering Solutions (UK) is owned by Volunteering Travel Solutions UK Limited (company number 12187940) a UK Limited Liability company under UK whose registered office is at 39 Roxborough Road JWPC Building, Harrow HA1 1NS.
When you submit an online application for a Volunteering Travel Solutions UK Limited service, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions listed below.
By applying to volunteer with VolSol, you would agree to the following terms:
Volunteering Solutions does not arrange flights or make any travel arrangements to your program location. It is the your own responsibility to arrange your own air fares and travel to the program location. Volunteering Solutions provides advise and pre departure information to you, it is your responsibility to obtain all necessary travel documents, such as visa, work permits etc.
You are responsible for ensuring your travel documents are complete and upto date for your travel. Volunteering Solutions cannot accept the responsibility if entry is denied to a country due to incorrect visa or travel documents.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all participants of Volunteering Solutions. All participants need to buy full comprehensive medical insurance for their time of stay in our project. It is your sole responsibility to purchase your own travel insurance.
Please ask us for details at [email protected] for more details on how to buy Insurance from Volunteering Solutions. The Insurance is provided by a third party vendor and Volunteering Travel Solutions UK Limited does not take any responsibility towards claims or disputes with the Insurance provider with the client.
No Refund would be provided for the payment made towards buying Medical/Travel Insurance from Volunteering Solutions. Participants are allowed to change the coverage date for the Insurance period, only once after they have made the payment.
Volunteering Solutions provides highly affordable programs and our application fee is amongst the lowest, as a result we do not provide a complete refund policy. Please read the details of application and program fee payments below.
Application fee is refundable up to only 60 days before the program start date. Refund requests must be received sixty (60) days prior the program start date through written confirmation via email, fax or post. Upon receipt of the request the volunteer will be notified immediately via email. If the volunteer does not receive confirmation they should assume that the request has not been received.
The application fee amount of £149/€169 would be refunded less the administration charges of £35/€40 which would cover bank charges and currency conversion charges. If you change your program start date, then the date considered for refund purpose would be the earliest date indicated by you in your online application.
- No refund of Application Fee would be provided if you apply for a program within sixty (60) days of program start date, irrespective whether Booking Confirmation is provided or not.
- No refund of Application Fee would be provided once the Booking confirmation is provided to the participant. The booking confirmation is either uploaded on your MyAccount or sent to you via email.
Under the rare instance where Volunteering Solutions. is not able to accept you in the program, we would be refunding you the application fee less £35 administration charges.
You will find the complete program costs on each program page on the website. Volunteering Solutions reserves the right to change the program fee anytime without any prior information. All program fee are due 60 days from your program start date, if you fail to make your program fee payment before this time Volunteering Solutions has the right to cancel your program.
Cancelation of Program by You
Volunteering Solutions needs to get cancelation requests at least 30 days before your program start date. Volunteering Solutions incurs a lot of charges in order to provide suitable program to the client.
Our cancellation policy for all programs is:
- If you cancel 60 days before your program start date – 70% refund of program fee (less £50/€56 admin charges) – No Refund of Application Fee
- If you cancel between 60 – 30 days before program start date – 50% refund of program fee (less £50/€56 admin charges) – No Refund of Application Fee
- If you cancel within 30 days of your program start date – No Refund of program fee – No Refund of Application Fee
- Cancellation after program start date - No Refund of program fee – No Refund of Application Fee
Cancellation of program by Volunteering Solutions
Incase Volunteering Solutions has to cancel your program due to certain operational reasons, Volunteering Solutions will refund part of the remaining time period of the project fee calculated on a pro-rata basis excluding the application fee of £149 /€169 and 4% (seven percent) bank charges.
If your program is cancelled by Volunteering Solutions due to any uncertain natural calamities (for example – earthquake, floods, typhoon, cyclone, tsunami etc.) or due to any Pandemic/Epidemic, your Program & Application fee would not be refunded under such circumstances. Under such scenario, Volunteering Solutions would be offering to change the dates of the program without levying any date change fees or charges.
Payment of refunds
Volunteering Solutions will refund the applicable refund amount to the client within 30 (thirty) days of confirmation of cancellation.
Volunteering Solutions would not provide any compensation whatsoever for any of it's programs.
Volunteering Solutions adds a 4% international banking fee, which is charged at the time of online payment.
Program Change by you
All program participants are allowed to make ONE change to their choice of program and dates applied for (at no extra charges) before their placement has been confirmed by Volunteering Solutions. A charge of £80 is applicable for any subsequent change to the program from your side.
Use of Photos and Feedback
By agreeing to the terms and conditions you agree that Volunteering Solutions can use your photos and written feedback while at the project to post on its website www.volunteeringsolutions.com & www.volunteeringsolutions.co.uk Volunteering Solutions might use such material for marketing/promotion in form of brochure/emails/ or on any of its websites. Volunteering Solutions also uses photos and material from our partners and affiliations abroad and in India and is not responsible for a claims arising towards that material/photos/content. This includes photos and videos posted on our Facebook page and other social media network sites.
The volunteer acknowledges and accepts the responsibilities and risks associated with their agreement to travel to, temporarily live in and provide volunteer services in a developing country. Such travel and volunteer work can be often hazardous and involves a certain degree of risk, inherently dangerous activities and personal perils to the volunteer, both foreseen and unforeseen, all of which are fully accepted by and solely assumed by the volunteer. Therefore, Volunteering Solutions including any and all of its employees, managers, directors, shareholders, host families and host country partner organizations are not liable, to the maximum extent of the law, for any loss or harm the volunteer or associates may suffer, including but not limited to loss caused by:
- Personal injury
- Civil Unrest
- Dangers associated with wild or other animals
- Religious Activities
- High Altitude
- Emotional injury
- Illness or disease
- War or Act of Terrorism
- Damage to or loss of property
- Accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or availability of medical supplies and facilities
- Adequacy of medical attention once provided
You accept and acknowledge and confirm that personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage and death can occur by natural causes or activities of persons or animals, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons.
By applying for our programs online your confirm that you have read and agree to our terms & you are waiving of any Liability that, amongst other things:
- Forever releases us, our owners, our directors, our shareholders, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us of all liability;
- Forever signifies that you are waiving any claims against us, our owners,our directors, our shareholders, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us, and expressly assuming all risks associated with participating in any of our programs.
Vaccinations and Health
We may offer you a list of suggested immunizations and travel health tips based on such publicly available sources as the United States Center for Disease Control & Travel Aware UK. However you understand that we are not medical professionals and have no medical expertise whatsoever. We strongly recommend all our participants that you visit a medical professional (GP) before your trip; however, it is your sole responsibility to arrange and determine any required immunizations and medical procedures that you may need before, during and after your time in the field with us. It is your sole responsibility to arrange and administer any vaccinations/immunizations required to be taken for travel to the country of your program.
Furthermore, you accept and acknowledge that we have no responsibility regarding the adequacy of any medical care, medical equipment, medical supplies and or any evacuation plan that may be provided to you before, during or after your program. You are solely responsible for your own welfare, and you accept and acknowledge any and all risks of personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage and death that may occur as a result of you joining one of our programs.
‘Volunteering Solutions’ is an Agent to provide programs
You understand that ‘Volunteering Solutions’ is an agent acting on behalf of suppliers, hereinafter “Local Partners/Local Coordinators” You accept, understand and acknowledge that we organize, promote and offer programs that offer accommodation, transportation and other services provided by our Local Partners/Local Coordinators, which are independent and separate entities from Volunteering Solutions, and over which we have no authority or oversight.
Some examples of Local Partners include but are not limited to hotels, restaurants, taxi drivers, tour guides and travel agencies, as well as the entities where you may volunteer in, for example local biological reserves, clinics and hospitals, nonprofits, local travel companies, local coordinatos, staff of other local hosting companies and schools.
By applying for our programs online your confirm that you have read and agree to our terms & you are waiving us of any Liability that, amongst other things forever releases us, our owners, our directors, our shareholders, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us of all liability related to:
- Any of our Local Partners´ negligent or willful acts, or failures to act including, without limitation, their partial or complete failure to deliver services to you; any personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage or death which arises out of any service provided to you by our Local Partners;
- Any error, misrepresentation or mistake, whether intentional or unintentional, made by any of our Local Partners/Local Coordinators, local staff members, travel companies etc.
Code of Conduct
You agree that you would abide by the rules and regulations set out by our partner organizations in the home country. If we or our in-country partners find your behavior unsatisfactory due to drugs, alcohol, stress, abuse or a medical condition. Your program would be terminated under the following conditions:
- If we find that you are engaged in any illegal activities or convicted of any criminal activities before or during the Project Period
- If it is believed that any of your action or behavior is threatening or unacceptable to the society or anyone involved with the project based on the judgment of the project staff and/or the in country coordinator.
- Any information provided by you to Volunteering Solutions during the time of enrollment is incorrect.
- You voluntarily decide to opt out of the program in between.
- If you are found taking drugs or using such material while in the project.
- If you are found to be engaged in sexual behavior while your stay in the host family.
- If you do not observe the Code Of Conduct in your host country.
- In case the agreement is terminated due to any of the above reasons or reasons relating to the above, you will not be entitled to any refund from Volunteering Solutions
Volunteering Solutions has the right to cancel any placement of an enrolled volunteer before start date.
- User expressly agrees that use of Volunteering Solutions is at user's sole risk. Neither Volunteering Solutions its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that Volunteering Solutions will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of Volunteering Solutions, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through Volunteering Solutions.
- Volunteering Solutions is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement.
- In no event will Volunteering Solutions or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing Volunteering Solutions or theVolunteering Travel Solutions UK Limited software/content, be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use Volunteering Solutions. User hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on Volunteering Solutions
- Volunteering Solutions does not take any direct responsibly for the use of third party online payment facility. Stripe / Paypal / Merchant Account will not be responsible for any malfunction in their software for online payment. All disputes arising with Credit Card fraud will Directly be dealt with Stripe/Paypal/Merchant Account (Depending on the payment method you used for Payment).
- In addition to the terms set forth above, neither Volunteering Solutions, nor its affiliates, information providers or content partners shall be liable regardless of the cause or duration, for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or other defects in, or untimeliness or inauthenticity of, the information contained within Volunteering Solutions, or for any delay or interruption in the transmission thereof to the user, or for any claims or losses arising therefrom or occasioned thereby. None of the foregoing parties shall be liable for any third-party claims or losses of any nature, including, but not limited to, lost profits, punitive or consequential damages. Neither Volunteering Solutions nor its affiliates, information providers or content providers warrant or guarantee the timeliness, sequence, accuracy or completeness of this information. Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of the information.
- Volunteering Solutions does not take any responsibility of photos and documentation provided by our partners and affiliations abroad, who might supply such material to other businesses of similar nature as well. If anyone has any objection to any part of the site, will write to us formally, for us to take appropriate action.
- Volunteering Solutions will share the information submitted on the application form with its partners, branches and subsidiaries around the world. This information is not used for marketing or solicitation purposes, and it is never rented, sold, given or traded to other companies.
- Volunteering Solutions does not take any responsibility of any third party links from our site and will not be held responsible for content or service provided on those sites.
- Volunteering Travel Solutions UK Limited does not have any affiliation or ownership or any connection with www[.]volunteeringsolutionsafrica[dot]com (Volunteering Solutions Africa – VSA) This organization is using our brand name and is copying content from our website, without our permission.
These Terms set out by Volunteering Solutions shall be legally binding upon you, your family, heirs, administrators, executors and legal representatives. In accepting this document & by applying for our programs, you are not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by us other than what is set forth in these Terms.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
No matter where you live, your booking with us is accepted under English law and the Courts of England and Wales shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to decide on any disputes between us.