Enquanto o mundo está se abrindo e dando passos de bebê em direção ao 'novo normal', a Volunteering Solutions está pronta para reiniciar os programas, respeitando todas as medidas de segurança e precauções. Os últimos meses têm sido um período de desafios e testes para todos em todo o mundo, pois fomos atingidos pelo COVID-19 das formas mais inesperadas possíveis. Ao todo, milhões de pessoas foram infectadas em todo o mundo devido ao vírus, embora a taxa de recuperação tenha sido impressionante.
A Volunteering Solutions recomendará enfaticamente a todos os participantes que busquem conselhos sobre viagens internacionais de seus respectivos governos e tomem uma decisão pessoal se desejam viajar durante este período.Se você já foi vacinado, pode nos informar sobre o mesmo e nós o ajudaremos a descobrir como e onde você pode viajar e ser voluntário.
O CDC (Centros para Controle e Prevenção de Doenças) divulgou uma lista detalhada de países que mencionam os fatores de risco associados às viagens. Além disso, o governo do Reino Unido também tem fornecido regularmente orientações detalhadas sobre países ao redor do mundo, atualizando sobre as restrições atuais, requisitos de entrada, conselhos de saúde pública, etc. viagens internacionais de lazer em breve, no verão de 2021. Não importa para onde planejemos viajar, é extremamente importante entender que as comunidades anfitriãs podem ser afetadas devido a sua negligência. Tudo o que podemos fazer é manter as devidas precauções, ter cuidado com nossas ações e garantir que estejamos todos juntos nesta guerra contra o Coronavírus.
A Volunteering Solutions está incessantemente focada no bem-estar dos voluntários, bem como nas comunidades anfitriãs em todo o mundo.
Estamos envidando nossos melhores esforços para apoiar as comunidades anfitriãs e planejamos reabrir nossos programas gradualmente nos próximos meses, dependendo dos últimos avisos de viagem em cada país e das restrições do governo local em vigor.
É essencialmente impossível prever como essa situação global continuará a evoluir nos próximos meses. O desenvolvimento da vacinação certamente está nos dando esperança de que algum tipo de normalidade retornará mais cedo ou mais tarde. No entanto, a situação é algo com que devemos ter paciência e, sejam quais forem os destinos que reabram, os voluntários terão de seguir as precauções locais em conformidade.
Which programs are currently open for volunteers?
It is important to note that we are currently reopening our volunteer programs in those countries where the local government and public health guidelines deem it safe. As per the new travel guidelines, most of these countries will require a proof of a recent negative Covid-19 test, taken 72 hrs prior to travel.
Given below is a list of tentative opening times for each destination which will be opening soon and of those destinations where programs are open currently. We're offering flexible booking policy for all our volunteers who are keen to join us and make a difference in the post pandemic world.
América do Sul
Oceania e Pacífico
For other locations and programs, we are accepting bookings for 2021 - 2022 and we'll update you soon about further reopenings.
Our Flexible Booking Policy
We’re offering the best we can! Participants can avail the flexible booking policy to change travel dates and program destination during this period of uncertainty. All volunteers can change their travel destination, volunteer project or trip dates free of cost as long as you contact us more than 14 days before your start date. If you don’t know when you will be able to travel, we can hold any program fee you’ve paid as a credit on your 'My Account', until you decide when to travel. Our flexible booking policy means that once you’ve paid your registration fee, your money is protected. Any program fee paid by the participants can be used as a credit towards a future trip. Currently we are only offering a travel credit facility for you to travel at a later date in case of any cancellation due to Covid 19 travel restrictions. We are not offering full cash refunds and only travel credits are being offered towards a future trip.
Covid-19 & Travel Insurance
Volunteering Solutions in partnership with Seven Corners Insurance is offering comprehensive travel and medical insurance that covers any expenses related to Covid-19 as well. These benefits include emergency medical and trip interruption coverage for you personally or a travel companion who contracts Covid-19 or goes under quarantine when traveling. In case you unexpectedly catch Covid-19 at home before you leave for your trip, you may also be eligible for trip cancellation coverage, which represents compensation for any pre-paid non-refundable travel expenses such as flights, hotels, and excursions. We are hopeful that this catastrophe will soon be a talk of the past, and we'll all be able to join hands to volunteer abroad, spreading happiness & make a difference.
Covid-19 & Volunteer Travel - FAQs
How can I change my travel dates and still go volunteering abroad in 2021-2022 (or maybe later)?
We know that your wanderlustful soul is keeping you on your toes - and we’re offering greater flexibility for changes to travel dates and destinations during this period of uncertainty when the world is still coping up from the pandemic woes. You can reschedule your volunteering trip abroad anytime in 2021 (or later) and we'll be glad to offer you the dates of your choice.
In case you don’t know when you will be able to travel, we shall be happy to hold your registration and any program fee you’ve paid as a credit on your ‘My Account’ until you decide when & where you'd want to travel to.
In case I want to book my volunteering trip now, what are the essential things that I need to consider?
Since our programs have already started to resume and you are planning to make your bookings now, make sure to keep the following in mind:
- Get a comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy and make sure it covers you for the eventualities that you are most concerned about.
- Book refundable flight tickets or wait until the situation gets better. Since we're flexible with changing your program dates & destination, we'd ask you to wait for some time now, and book your flights only when you're closer to your departure date.
- Do take care of yourself in the best possible manner, try to avoid going out if it's not extremely necessary, and follow the precautionary measures that have been rolled out by the international health organizations.
What are the necessary precautions being taken in this hour of need?
As they say, ‘Precaution is better than cure’ and we are strictly enforcing the following, across all our volunteering destinations, in order to minimize the risks associated with Covid-19. It's our first priority to ensure the well-being of the volunteers as well as the host communities.
- Volunteers will have to get tested before 72 hours of joining the program.
- Volunteers will have to abide by the health and safety guidelines provided during the orientation.
- Volunteers will have to maintain proper social distancing while working on the project.
- Volunteers will have to cooperate with the in-country staff, for disinfecting and sanitizing the accommodation & project site.
What are the precautions that should be taken on a regular basis for your well-being?
- Wear a mask whenever you step out.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after eating, after you sneeze, cough, or blow your nose.
- If you do not have access to soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care at the earliest.
- Maintain distance from anyone who seems to be sick or is coughing and sneezing.
- Make sure you cover your nose and mouth while sneezing using a disposable tissue and dispose of it immediately.